Mayrand Plus, which operates retail locations (Mayrand stores) and distribution centres (Alimplus), is currently seeking a warehouse supervisor who is looking to contribute to their employer’s success.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day operational activities, prioritizing health and safety and optimizing operations considering business objectives.
- Supervise, manage and coordinate the evening team;
- Ensure compliance with occupational health and safety standards;
- Define working methods and ensure the employees apply them;
- Follow up on the orders to be prepared as well as the trucks loading;
- Manage and coordinate all activities relating to distribution operations;
- Ensure compliance with warehouse productivity standards;
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness of the warehouse;
- Propose improvements to reduce costs and lead to better profitability of operations;
- Manage employee working hours;
- Advice your staff and manage conflicts;
- In collaboration with the human resources department, ensure the employee well-being, efficiency, absenteeism, litigation, labor movement, disciplinary actions, etc.;
- Evaluate the employees performance;
- Develop and implement team goals;
- Identify training needs;
- Ensure the transition between the day shift and the night shift;
- Follow up with the operations manager on problems encountered, solutions, changes, and see to continuous improvement;
- Perform all other related tasks.
Skills and qualifications
- College diploma in administration or operations management, or a combination of education and experience will be considered;
- 2 years of experience management;
- Good ability to coach and motivate a team;
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety rules;
- Very good communication skills both orally and in writing;
- Great leadership skills;
- Good knowledge of computers (MS Office);
- Ability to manage several files;
- Knowledge of warehouse management software (asset).
Why work at Mayrand Plus (Alimplus-AOF) ?
- Monday to Thursday Full time, permanent position
- Group insurance and RRSP program
- Employee assistance program Employee discount (distribution center and 10% at any Mayrand’ stores)
- Referral program Welcoming and dynamic work environment
Join a dynamic team proud to contribute to the growth of a Quebec company.