Reporting directly to the Vice President, Category, Trading and Procurement, the incumbent will be responsible for leading the procurement team, therefore responsible for directing and planning all aspects of the supply chain and objectives under his/her responsibility. The incumbent will oversee the inventory planning, procurement, distribution and logistics activities of the organization to ensure on-time fulfillment of orders.
- Lead the procurement team, coaching them as needed and ensuring the development of each individual's skills.
- Develop and implement the business unit's strategy in the procurement functions.
- Develop and maintain all operational activities related to procurement
- Define and maintain procurement parameters in line with the inventory management strategy, taking into account receiving and storage capacities.
- Analyze and monitor performance indicators (inventory level, turnover rate, inventory budget, product status)
- Optimize inventory levels to maximize turnover and availability
- Establish and maintain product sales forecasts (regular and promotional) in order to ensure adequate supply (JIT).
- Evaluate supplier performance (service level, delivery time, appointments met, etc.).
- Ensure good communication between the various stakeholders; suppliers, receiving, marketing, negotiators and operations.
- Mobilize the team and ensure that objectives are met
Qualifications and skills required:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or equivalent
10 years of leading a supply chain, inventory or stock management team.
- Knowledge of inventory levels including daily demand, safety stock, reorder points, economic order quantity and central warehouse purchasing management.
- Experience in food distribution an asset
- Knowledge of the food market (Foodservice & Retail)
- Knowledge of MS Office software (Word, Advanced Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Business Center software is an asset
- Bilingualism essential (spoken and written)
- Ability to analyze and synthesize
- Positive, mobilizing, team-oriented leadership skills
- People management skills and good listening skills
- Good communicator
- Good time and priority management skills
- Ability to manage several files simultaneously
Why work for Mayrand and Mayrand Plus?
- Flexible schedule and possibility of remote work
- Permanent, full-time position
- Group insurance plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Group RRSP
- 10% employee discount in-branch and online
- Ongoing training and advancement opportunities
- Recognition program based on years of service
- Welcoming and dynamic work environment
- Quebec company in full growth