Reporting directly to the Vice-President, Merchandiser and Negotiation, the incumbent will be responsible for devising and implementing strategic plans by category to drive sales and profitability, while adhering to the organization’s mission and strategic positioning.
Mayrand Anjou is currently looking for a passionate and dedicated Merchandising Manager for dry goods (food service and retail) who is willing to contribute to the success of the business.
Your tasks will consist mainly of:
- Analyze the different categories to identify opportunities for growth, optimize the product mix, and drive sales and profitability.
- Build and implement a strategic plan by category to achieve development objectives and drive strategy.
- Create and manage product assortment that meets the needs of our clients (food service & retail) while keeping pace with the latest trends.
- Ensure the integration of new products and remove products from the planogram based on the merchandising strategy and share with retail operations to ensure in-store implementation.
- Manage the retail price structure with a view of maximizing profitability while adhering to the competitive pricing strategy.
- Plan and communicate promotions to drive sales and maximize the profitability of different categories.
- Oversee the different merchandising programs (retail execution promotions, circulars, merchandising plan).
- Negotiate tactical offers with suppliers to support promotional activities.
- Participate in the design of store displays.
- Conduct regular walk-throughs to ensure continuous competitiveness within a competitive arena.
- Attend conventions and trade shows to seize new business opportunities and maintain a pulse on new market trends.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Bachelor's degree in administration or any other relevant field
- 5 to 7 years of experience in merchandising
- Knowledge of food products and of the food industry (food service & retail)
- Knowledge of the MS Office suite (Word, Excel (advanced), Outlook)
- Bilingualism (French and English)
- Analytical thinking
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strategic thinking
- Strong decision-making skills
- Attention to detail and thoroughness
- Organized and efficient
- Ability to prioritize
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Act as a positive leader
Why work at Mayrand Plus?
- Flexible schedule and possibility of remote working;
- Competitive salary;
- Permanent full-time position;
- Group insurance plan;
- Employee assistance program (EAP);
- Group RRSP;
- Employee discount (10% off at the distribution centre and in Mayrand stores);
- Referral bonus for a total of $1,000 per hire;
- Continuing education and opportunities for advancement;
- Recognition program based on years of service;
- A friendly, dynamic work environment;
- A steadily growing, Quebec-based company.