The incumbent will be responsible for overseeing financial operations and optimizing financial processes.
Are you interested in the food industry? Are you known for your analytical skills? Mayrand Anjou is currently seeking a passionate Division Controller who is committed to their work and is looking to contribute to their employer’s success.
Your main tasks will be to:
- Ensure the smooth operation of the department
- Plan, lead and coordinate all operational functions related to accounting
- Supervise and oversee the billing process and accounts receivable;
- Coordinate and prepare financial statements as well as special and annual reports
- Coordinate external auditing
- Provide essential information to management to help them make informed decisions
- Ensure compliance – permit and quota management
- Review and optimize accounting processes and provide recommendations for improvements to be made
- Analyze internal controls with a view of improving them
- Prepare documents required for financing activities
- Assist managers by monitoring projects and preparing financial information required by the various departments
- Prepare periodic indirect tax reports
- Participate in various special projects – division integration, implementation of a new ERP tool
Qualifications and skills required:
- A bachelor’s degree in administration and CPA designation
- 10 years of experience with a private firm or in a similar position
- Advanced Excel skills and good knowledge of the Office suite
- Experience in the food industry is an asset
- The ideal candidate is motivated by challenges, shows an interest in teamwork and collaboration and has an exceptional work ethic; has demonstrated problem-solving and communication skills and knows how to coach and support their business partners
Why work at Mayrand
- Friendly, dynamic work environment
- Company founded in 1914 and growing ever since
- Advantageous working conditions and group insurance
- 10% employee discount
- Continuing education
- Career opportunities with the company
Mayrand Food Service Group employs over 600 professionals in food retail and wholesale, restaurant distribution and fresh produce processing.
Mayrand Group, which has always operated in Quebec, is the leading independent private distributor and network of stores in our local food industry. The group has specialized in serving food service professionals for over 40 years and continues to develop its selection of locally produced goods and full-service solutions.