Mayrand Food Depot, a 100% Quebec-based company, offers a unique concept in food retailing that complements its Mayrand Plus food service distribution services. Its stores give professionals and individuals access to restaurant-quality food products, packaging and kitchenware seven days a week, with the advice of passionate experts.
As a Commercial Account Manager, you will be responsible for growing B2B sales in Mayrand Food Warehouse stores and developing business customers. Reporting to the Commercial Account Coordinator, you will work within the Mayrand alimentation’ team, with modern tools and in a customer-focused food service company.
Your role is directly linked to the company's growth strategy and mission: to provide independents with the best prices and access to a wide variety of products for restaurant and retail customers.
The Commercial Account Manager will be attached to our two stores in Laval and Saint-Jérôme.
Development of B2B customers
- Act as the meeting point for new B2B customers of Mayrand stores
- Analyze the customer's needs and activity and identify the assortment that corresponds to them among the 15,000 products sold by Mayrand
- Establish a collaborative work plan, including logistics management, the order process, frequency of contact and stakeholders
- Establish the financial and administrative relationship that corresponds to the requirements of both organizations (customer and Mayrand Food Depot) in collaboration with the financial department.
Business development with the stores' B2B customers
- Implement personalized shopping lists in the store assortment to facilitate customer transactions
- Recommend the best solutions to optimize the customer's margin and Mayrand's operational efficiency, e.g.: volume purchase proposals, substitutions when suppliers are short, new product introductions, bundle offers with specific benefits
- Research, with the purchasing department, specific supplies or products in volume that meet customer needs
- Proactively identify and initiate resolution of customer issues
- Build professional bids for very large transactions within a framework specified by the Commercial Accounts Coordinator
- Establish a long-term relationship in support of the quantified business plan with the customer
Animation of the B2B store system
- Act as a business partner with the store manager(s), who will use their teams and resources to ensure the success of the B2B business;
- Meet customers in-store or at their location
- Develop the business clientele around the store, for example: offices, shops, associations, leisure centers, service centers (garage, clinic, hairdressers, salons, etc.)
- Train Mayrand store teams to serve B2B customers;
- Develop the Mayrand Business Membership card with customer service
- Mayrand shopping experience
- Express Mayrand's unique advantages and bring the company's identity to life with customers;
- Work closely with the Mayrand Branch Operations Manager to develop productive practices
- Coordinate with the marketing team in the definition and use of B2B promotional materials or operations;
- Pursue the growth of online sales, and the use of in-store ordering and pick-up services, with the e-commerce team
- Directly connect qualified customers with distribution type delivery needs with Mayrand Plus Account Managers
Your skills :
- At least 3 year experience in sales and key account management
- Bilingual, ability to work with customers in French and English
- Good interpersonal skills and ease in dealing with customers
- Autonomy and ability to take initiative
- Ethical and reliable
- Orientation towards the company's results
- Ability to use computer tools (training will be provided)
- Willingness to learn the products and to deepen his knowledge of Mayrand
- Knowledge of food is a plus (not required)
Why work for Mayrand Food Depot?
- Friendly and dynamic work environment;
- Group insurance
- Group RRSP
- Company established since 1914 and in full growth
- Advantageous working conditions
- 10% employee discount
- Continuous training
- Opportunity to grow within the company